Friday, October 21, 2011

Holes in pistons for exhaust port bridge

One thing that was supposed to be done yesterday, but was basically forgotten about, was to drill a couple of 1.5mm diameter holes in the pistons to aid with lubrication of the exhaust port bridge. This can be a bit of a problem area, so any help is good I guess.
Drilling 1.5mm diameter holes in std Honda pistons

Slight scratch marks made when piston in cylinder to show where holes must go. 

1.5mm holes drilled in Wossner 2003 RM125 pistons for exhaust port bridge lubrication

Again, slight scratch marks scribed onto piston when in cylinder to show where holes should go.

OK, so now I believe that there is nothing to be done except assemble the barrels, heads, and pistons to complete the motor assembly.
I guess I will do this tomorrow morning.

Finally, after buying the engine online via OkShon Japan on 16 June 2009 ..  I will finally have the engine fully assembled and ready to be put into the frame. It has been 2 years, 4 months and 6 days !!
Of course, due to Okshon being so completely useless, I didn't actually get hold of my engine until Thurdsay 4th November 2010. So in reality it has taken me 50 weeks to get the engine sorted. Not exactly rapid progress I know, but it is happening, and will continue to progress.

Of course, at this stage, the frame is not actually ready to take the engine.  I have been mainly focussed on getting the engine completed and now can finally turn my full attention towards getting the rest of the bike sorted out.
In particular, I need to:
1) clean the frame
2) fit the SP suspension
3) fit the wiring loom
4) get the carby's sorted
5) get some pipes sorted

Once I have done these 5 main tasks, I should be able to fit the engine into the frame and fire it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment