Sunday, March 31, 2013

Another Track Day

I did 2 x 20 minute sessions on the bike at Hampton Downs on Wed. March 20th.
The bike ran well and the 41 tooth rear sprocket was perfect in terms of just reaching 12,000 rpm at the end of the main straight. Very enjoyable!
Paul seemed to think that the bike didn't sound all that crisp anymore.
I was clocked at 1 min 22.4 seconds for a lap.

I did 1 x 20 minute session on the blue fairing NSR250 that is shown in some of the pics on this blog.
It is an MC21 engine in an R2j frame running PGM-1 ignition. (no battery required).
I was pleased to be able to notice that my bike was noticeably quicker than the blue bike.

I want to pull the heads and barrels of my NSR and maybe give the barrels a very light hone and fit new rings.
I also want to get the thing on a dyno, and get a horsepower reading.
This will have to wait though as I have other priorities.
Am heading into winter now, so,..   may go into hibernation for 6 months.

2 comments:

  1. http://twostroke-greece.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No excuses now. Put in the new rings .... and get the bike warmed up and get her out to the track!.

    ReplyDelete