Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A look up the exhaust ports

I took the pipes off to have a look up the exhaust ports.
OK, well this doesn't look the best.
I did have a few high speed "clutch in" moments during the first 300kms.

I am fairly sure that this was due to the petrol tank breather not working properly.
This meant that a slight vacuum built up in the tank and hence petrol flow into the float bowls may have slowed down to a dribble or less and resulted in a lean condition after a while at high revs and max throttle.
I fixed this problem before my first track day and it seems to be running pretty good now at prolonged high revs/throttle.

Sadly it seems that the LH Cylinder in particular may have come quite close to seizing at some stage?
I am hoping that it will survive the next track day. Then I will pull the heads off and check this out properly.
Looks like I will probably be taking the barrels off as well.
Bloody fuel tank breather!!! Argh.
RH Cyl

LH Cyl

RH Piston
LH Piston

Scorchers

No comments:

Post a Comment