Wednesday, March 13, 2013

41 tooth Rear Sprocket

In order to get the gearing right for Hampton Downs racetrack, it seems that gearing of 15 tooth front, 41 tooth rear is going to be about right.

I ordered a couple of 41 tooth rear sprockets from TYGA Performance.
Including freight they cost NZ$179 or approx NZ$90 each.
I ordered them on Friday and they were at my door 8:30am Tuesday, from Thailand.

The TYGA 41 tooth rear sprocket weighs 293 grams Made from a type of aluminuim called Duralium? and anodised for hardness.
The standard Honda 42 tooth rear sprocket weighs 830 grams.
So, a nice way to save half a kilo.

When I went to fit the sprocket I found that my 110 link chain was too long and I had to shorten it to 108 links.

110 links works for 15/42,.. just. If things wear/stretch a bit, there is little or no adjustment left at all.
110 also works for 16/42.

No comments:

Post a Comment