Saturday, May 19, 2012

Quick Fang

This morning was a nice crisp fine Autumn morning so I thought I'd take the scoot for a quick fang.
I went out in to the shed and adjusted the rear brake lever position, the gear change lever position and lubed up the chain.

I went for a gentle spin up to Dave's. He was not home, but I took the front spark plug out just to see how it would read. The bike is currently on std jetting.
Not a good focus on the insulator but you get the idea.
I also took a few pictures of the bike while I was up at Dave's.






On the way back home from Dave's I gave it a good blast. Now of course, I would never speed on public roads. However, I would imagine just from the general vibe of the bike, that it probably pulls quite well up to about 190 km/h indicated with 16/42 sprockets. And I imagine that it would sound pretty sharp and crisp and have quite a nice bark to it with the free flowing mufflers as well; even though just on standard jetting.
The bike seems to run a bit better every time I ride it. It has only done about 70km in total since I got it going, so maybe the rings are "bedding in" or something.
I only rev'd it out to approx 11,700 rpm max, but it will definitely rev out past that.

I took the plug out when I got home, which is only about 1 minute from the motorway. Not quite a plug chop.
Plug colour after a fast ride.
For road use, I am pretty happy with the color of the plug. I guess it's about time to think about drilling a couple of 20mm holes in the top of the air box.

Overall I am extremely happy with the bike after a quick fang today. I still need to tweak the suspension a little and make other small adjustments, but overall there was a smile on my face today.

Oh, actually there was one thing that I was not super happy with: the handlebars set off into shaking about very easily if I took my hands off the bars.


No comments:

Post a Comment