Friday, February 11, 2011

Big End Bearings arrived

Wob ordered some big end bearings from Pro-X (through "R2"; being New Zealand's agent for Pro-X).
The initial delivery some months back were actually the wrong part. They were 17.5mm wide instead of 17mm wide. This was actually a fault in the Pro-X catalogue. So after Wob went to great pains to explain the fault in the catalogue, with the typical headless chicken responses from the companies involved,.....//sigh// ,.... after some time (and the associated, but needless stress) the companies involved finally took it seriously and sorted things out and delivered the correct bearings. Excellent work Wob!
They came in at about NZ$40 each which is a very good price I think.

So now I have no excuses not to get on with it and get the engine together.
I need to get the crankshaft assembly pressed back together and then re-assemble the engine.
This means that I really need to hurry up and get the bead blasting of the crank-cases completed.

Once I get the engine in the frame, I will, no doubt, start to find quite a few little bits and pieces that I need to enable me to get the entire bike completed.
Of prime importance is a set of carbies. The set I have is actually an R2j set (MC16). Hopefully I can get some off a friend of mine, but I need to chase this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment