Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crankcase flow


23rd March 2011


This afternoon I popped out to Tim's and jumped on his "porting bench".
Without really knowing what I was doing I flowed the rear of the (left cylinder side) top cylinder base to achieve nice flow up into the transfers. It was pretty simple and I really enjoyed doing it.
I guess I probably spent about 2 hours just taking my time, faffing about.





25th March 2011


This morning I put the crankcase halves together and placed the barrels on to look to see if I could match up any surfaces to get fractionally better flow.
Mainly the front right cylinder crankcase area where the two halves meet required slight tweakage.
Very hard to physically look at flow from crankcase into barrel.



Also, for an even better job, see the flow work TSRL did on his blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment