Monday, May 30, 2011

Added crankcase volume

I dropped of the burette to Wob this morning and stole a piece of 5mm thick aluminium plate off him.
Looks like I'll be getting a set of V-Force reeds through Wob. They won't be cheap, but I need to drop off the stuffers so he can have a little suss out of what bits will match up with the NSR. They may add as much as 2 horsepower (per cylinder!) across a broad chunk of the rev range. Seems hard to believe, but we'll see.
Then I cruised out to Tim's and shaped the plate to match the reed block wall on the upper cranckcase.
I then drilled a hole through the crankcase and alloy plate and bolted the two together.
Then I shaped it a bit more with the porting tools.
Once it was looking about right I unbolted the plate and bead blasted the relevant surfaces ready for the application of Devcon.
Mixed up some Devcon and applied it to the faces and bolted together.
Waited for it to harden up a bit and tidied up any stray blobs of Devcon.
Tomorrow, after it has fully set, I will give it a final grind with the porting tools.
It looks like the added volume will be very close to the required 12.5ml. I calculated it at 11.5ml + a bit extra for the Devcon. Not exact I know, but close enough for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment