Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It goes!

Today I replaced a needle valve in the RH carby before fitting the carbs.
I fitted the two stroke oil tank and exhaust pipes.
The thermostat octopus arrived from Yahoo!Japan via Gary Gower and I fitted that and the radiator and the catch tank.
I put the tank and seat on and after about 6 kicks it fired into life.
The smoke was more grey than blue and very dense out of both pipes. It remained this way for the first two runs of about a minute each at low revs just above idle, then it stopped and wouldn't go again. Probably fouled plugs? Not too sure. Hope the grey smoke doesn't mean water in the system.
Just after first engine start-up

First impression of the dry clutch is that it sounds really crap. Even more so when the clutch is pulled in. But I will come to appreciate it over time I am sure. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment