Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Reed block investigation

Today I did a final bit of grinding on the newly thickened reed block wall. I had to eat away at it a bit to get the reeds to fit. Also a bit of a tidy up and smoothing of the "flow lanes" was required. See first two pictures below.

 These next two pictures show that the reed petal backstops actually inhibit the flow along the paths that I intended when I ported the case. However, the V-Force III brand reeds differ significantly in design and do not have a very large petal backstop. I am expecting that they will probably work quite well here as a result. I will probably have the cases all together by the time I get the V-Force III reeds, so pictures like these will not be possible. What a shame; readers will just have to "imagine" it. :-)

Today I also assembled the gearbox into the crankcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment