Saturday, March 20, 2010

News on the engine!

Today I got out of bed and checked my emails.
There was an email from Paul with subject line....

"OKSHON has responded!!!!"


Amazing. I was quite excited.
I bought the engine online on June 16th for about NZD$1100 and now, (9 months and 4 days later) it is starting to look like there may actually be a chance of getting it.
Because the packaged engine was over the Ok!Shon limit of 30kg, they had massively stalled on the freighting of the engine. Paul had recently sent them a few curt emails, and it looks like that tactic has worked as they have finally responded.
I hope to get them to send the engine to a freighting company in Osaka that I have connections to through a friend of a friend. Then hopefully I can get the engine sent to me in New Zealand.

Just for the record, we have finally been able to get a physical address for Ok!Shon.
It is Rm102, 2-34-8 Kamisakabe, Amagasaki, Hyogo which is very near Osaka port in Japan.

Today I also got Paul to put in some bids on (A) an MC18 SP front shock assembly NZD$455 max bid and (B) an MC18 SP rear shock NZD$210 max bid, for the NSR.
If I can get the SP suspension and the MC18 SP engine, I will be able to put together a complete NSR SP MC18 as I already have the SP (Magtek) rims.
Fingers are crossed.
I guess a lot of readers of this blog (which only averages about 8 hits a week by the way) will wonder why I bother to go back to Ok!Shon for the suspension given their appalling record so far. Well I have just had a bad run due to exceeding the 30kg limit. They seem OK otherwise. Well,.. when I say '"OK", I mean slow and crap, but basically functional, which is kind of OK given the language/cultural barrier perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment