Sunday, December 25, 2011

Assembly of the entire bike

This week I have spent the best part of 4 days working on assembling the NSR250.
It has taken a lot longer than I anticipated and there is still quite a bit left to do.

At the start of the week I only had the swingarm attached to the frame, and a complete engine.
Now I have the motor in the frame, and the subframe on, with front and rear suspension fitted along with triple clamps. I pulled the front shocks apart and checked them out. The rear shock has already been reconditioned by Goudenz Gisler of Tuakau. I have zip tied the shock remote reservoir in place.
The wiring loom is about 90% connected up.
The powervalve motor and cables are assembled but need setting.
The brakes are on, but no front mudguard yet.
Handlebars and switch gear are on.

I spent a lot of time cleaning and lubricating everything as I went. Very time consuming.

I need to attach the carburetors, airbox, water tank, two-stroke oil tank, drive chain, radiator, pipes, mufflers, fairings and tank. That might not sound like much, but it will take me a while to check over the carbs and I'm not yet sure if I have all the radiator hoses.
I also need to assemble the tank so that it is 1 piece.
I still haven't assembled the headlight, screen and indicators into the front fairing.
I am waiting on a set of Bridgestone BT090's to arrive.
I do not have the bolts needed to attach a lot of the fairings.
I appear to have misplaced the brake/tail lights.

It is Christmas day: I started working on the bike at 7am and stopped at 9pm. Pretty sad huh.
Looks like Boxing Day may be a similar thing.
Anyway, here are some pics:
















\





No comments:

Post a Comment